Make sure you take regular breaks from your screen. Display screens do not cause eye damage, but having regular breaks (5-10 minutes every hour of use) will help prevent eye strain.
Did you know you can quickly set up two windows side by side in Windows 7? This technique can be used to show two documents/webpages next to each other and is particularly suited to widescreen monitors. Take a look at this video.
- Using the web – Browser text size
- PDF files – Full screen view and other view settings
- Visual aids to help you focus when reading
- Download: Word Viewer (Microsoft)
- Download: Access Apps Core Package (EduApps)
- Video: Windows 7 Split Screen (YouTube)
- Download: MyStudyBar (open source application by EduApps)
- Web Tool: NetVibes (blog aggregator, reading all you favourite blogs)
- Web Tool & Download: Evernote (clipping web pages, images and selections also making both text and audio notes, plus more)
- Windows Keyboard shortcut quick reference: Windows 7 (html), Windows Vista (html), Windows XP (pdf).
- Windows Internet Explorer Keyboard shortcut quick reference